Tuesday 2 June 2015

MONOLOGUE: ANIMALS



Good morning, my name is Maru and I’m going to talk about animals. I think this is a great topic for me because I consider myself as an animal lover. I’ll focus my monologue on two points which are how I met my pet and what I think about abandoned dogs.

First I’d like to talk about my pet, a dog called Bicho. Bicho is a mongrel dog which I found in a Dog shelter the first time I went to work as a volunteer. I have to say that it was love at first sight. My old dog, Nikita had died two months ago and I really missed the love of a pet. So when I discovered these little bulging eyes, I couldn’t avoid taking it home. And now, we’ve been together since 2011.

Thanks to Bicho, I discovered the satisfaction of helping abandoned dogs. When I have some free time, I go to help to a dog shelter. The activities that a person can do to help are cleaning the cages and kennels, feeding the animals, giving medicines to sick dogs, taking some dog for a walk and other several things. There is always something to do in a shelter. If you don’t have free time to go there, you could also help by giving a small amount of money every month to pay for the food and veterinary services.

The abandonment is a huge problem in our country because the pounds and shelters are overpopulated. For that reason, I believe we have to think carefully before we choose to have a pet. If we finally decide to have one, we should go to a shelter or a pound and adopt an abandoned animal. I’m sure the animal will express gratitude in some way and you’ll be doing something altruistic.  

That’s all I have to say about this topic. I hope I wasn’t too boring and thank you very much for listening to me.

1 comment: