Tuesday 2 June 2015

MONOLOGUES: EATING HABITS



Good morning, my name is Maru and I’m going to talk about eating habits. I’d like to start by quoting a famous phrase that says: “You are what you eat” and what does it mean this phrase? Well, in my opinion is a way of encouraging people to be aware of the importance of having a balance diet.



First of all, I’d like to say some of the stereotypes that people have about healthy eating. Generally speaking, many people believe that taking care about their diet is related to have an obsession with their physical appearance. This is absolutely wrong because it has more to do with keeping a healthy weight, reducing the risk of chronic diseases like cancer and heart diseases, and basically promoting our overall health.



Secondly, I’d like to talk about my personal experience. I think I have good eating habits. I try to eat more fresh vegetables, fruits and fish and I try to cut down on red meat and ready-made food.

I am really keen on Mediterranean diet because is full of vitamins, minerals, and good fats and of course full of wonderfully delicious meals. My favourite dish is “Paella”. It is a typical Valencian dish made with rice, vegetables, rabbit and chicken.

Moreover, I always try to eat home-made food and when I don’t have enough time to cook I prepare healthy fast food such as salads with grilled fish or meat. I don’t usually eat out but when I do, I prefer to eat Spanish or Japanese food because they are my favourite.



Finally I want to talk about young people eating habits. Children and teenagers have really bad eating habits. Most of them don’t get enough food at breakfast or don’t have breakfast. They also love sweets and bakery which are full of sugar and saturated fats. When they eat out with friends they usually go to fast food restaurants like McDonalds and Burger King because they consider this type of food very tasty and cheaper. In general, they don’t like fruits and vegetables so that’s why it is so important to teach them to eat healthily from an earlier age.



Anyway, for concluding I’d like to point out that everybody should be worry about their diet not only to have a good appearance but also to feel good and healthy. If we keep an eye on what we eat and follow a balance diet, we’ll live longer and happier. And that’s all I can say about this topic in three minutes. Thank you very much for listening to me and have a nice day.

5 comments:

  1. This blog has got lots of really helpful information on it! Cheers for sharing it with me!
    #glutenfreefitness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent information provided by you,
    Thank you so much............
    food safety recalls
    food safety alerts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you very muchas for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete