Tuesday 2 June 2015

MONOLOGUE: JOBS



Good morning, my name is Maru and I’m going to talk about jobs. In my opinion, this is an important topic because we need to work to have an economic stability and also for feeling useful and fulfilled. I’ll focus my monologue on talking about my current job and the things that I like and don’t like about it.



I work as a laboratory technician in The Public Health Laboratory of Valencia in the area of Food Security. I’ve been working there since I finished my vocational degree in 2008 in Environmental Chemistry. The Public Health Laboratory is divided into four departments: Veterinary drug residues, Chemical analysis, Organic contaminants and Microbiology. In particular, I work for the Veterinary drug residues department and I’m in charge of analysing residues of veterinary drugs like antibiotics and hormones that can remain in animal products that we eat.



I really like my job for several reasons. There is a great team working with me which is formed by excellent professionals and wonderful people. Actually, some of them are very close friends of mine and we’ve been on holiday together many times.

I fortunately ear a living wage that allows me to live on quite well and I also have a full month of paid vacation. In addiction, the timetable couldn’t be better. I work full-time from 8 o’clock in the morning to 3 o’clock in the afternoon and I have the weekends off.



However, there are some aspects that I don’t like pretty much. I don’t have the opportunity of promotion because I would need a higher qualification like for example a degree. I’ve been thinking of studying a Chemistry or Biology degree but nowadays I can’t afford to pay the university taxes because they are very expensive. Moreover, my job is not stable because I’m not a civil servant and I have to keep my fingers crossed every time my contract is going to finish.



Anyway, I feel very lucky to have a job because at present, who have a job has a treasure. And that’s all I have to say about this topic. Thank you very much for listening to me and have a nice day.

4 comments:

  1. moltes gracies Maru, t´expreses molt be en angles ,m´ha segut de molt gran ajuda
    moltes gracies

    ReplyDelete
  2. gràcies per el teu treball , m´ha sigut molt util, eres una treballadora nata..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. M'alegre moltíssim! Jo se molt bé la dificultat que suposa la part oral, per això ja que em vaig prendre el treball de fer els monòlegs, volia compartir-lo. Per cert, estudies en alguna EOI? Salutacions!

      Delete
  3. Thanks a lot.... I really like reading your monologues..

    ReplyDelete