Tuesday 2 June 2015

MONOLOGUE: SPORTS



Good morning, my name is Maru and I’m going to talk about sports. I think this is a difficult topic for me because I’m not very athletic and I don’t like pretty much sports but I’ll try to say some ideas in three minutes. First I’ll speak about how I keep fit, then about the benefits of keeping fit and finally about what is the most popular sport in Spain.

I’ll start talking about my experience. I don’t practice any sport but I try to go to the gym at least three times a week. I have a sedentary work so I know I have to do something to keep fit and to avoid the consequences of being on the couch watching the television all day. I chose the gym closest to my home so I wouldn’t have an excuse not to go. My favorite class is body combat. In this activity I have a teacher who is leading all the movements that we have to do. Body combat is class based on martial arts and it is basically cardiovascular exercise. I really keen on this class because apart from being a way of burning calories, it’s also a way of relieving stress.

Secondly I’d like to say that physical exercise has a lot of benefits. For example, regular activity and a healthy diet can lower your blood pressure and cholesterol levels and that can help reduce the risk of illnesses such as heart diseases. Also, exercise is necessary to have strong bones, to have a lot of energy and to reduce the stress. Therefore, if we want to live longer, healthy and happy, we must include physical exercise in our daily lives.

Finally, I’m going to talk about the most popular sport in Spain which is football. I think the reason for it could be because you only need a minimum of two players and a ball to play for fun and you can also play it almost anywhere. Furthermore the television and advertisement play an important role to promote football. Every week you can watch a match for free on the TV and if it is not free, you can go to a pub and watch the match with friends and have a great time. I think in Spain this became a kind of tradition especially between young people.

Anyway, that’s all I have to say about sports. I hope I wasn’t too boring and thank you very much for listening to me.

2 comments:

  1. A fanatic will try their hardest to go to every game of their favorite team, and if they can't go to the game they will have a hand device or smart phone that can access the latest news or updates of the game. sports gear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Contact the Intramural Department of your nearest college/university. They may not have an "open" league but they should be able to help you find the nearest public league. visit website

    ReplyDelete