Tuesday 2 June 2015

MONOLOGUES: HOLIDAYS



Hello, my name is Maru and I’m going to talk about holidays. I think it's this a fantastic topic because I absolutely love everything about holidays and travelling. Well, I will try to explain my opinion in only three minutes although it won’t be easy. I’ll focus my monologue on three parts. Firstly I am going to talk about the holidays in Valencia, then I’ll explain my travelling experiences and finally I will talk about my next holidays.

There are a lot of kinds of holiday but the most typical thing to do on holidays in my city is going to the beach. Every year a crowd of tourists come to Valencia for enjoying the sun, the beaches and the night life. A lot of foreigners rent apartments and stay in hotels. And I really understand them: the Mediterranean diet, the weather and our way of life are fantastic. We have a great variety of vegetables, fruits, meat and fresh fish. Our traditional dishes like for example Paella are delicious and you can go to eat out frequently because it is not very expensive. The weather helps so much because it’s usually sunny and hot. There are also wonderful beaches for practicing water sports and relaxing, too. At night, you can hang out at bars and nightclubs. Drinks are cheaper than in other European cities and the discos close as late that you will have to have breakfast before you go home. I really enjoy my holidays in Valencia and there is a good opportunity to have a great time when I can’t afford to travel to another place.

Personally I prefer to travel abroad. Every year, I try to save some money to plan a great holiday with friends but unfortunately I can’t travel as much as I’d like to. I’ve been to London, Glasgow and Dublin and I had a wonderful time in all these places. I think travelling is not too expensive if you plan it carefully and in advance. I love planning trips with friends because it seems to me as if the holiday has already started. I also like travelling with my family and dogs but this kind of holidays are more for relaxing.

I don’t usually buy many souvenirs but I have a kind of tradition with my best friend that consists in buying a postcard of every place we visited and send it to us from that particular place. We’ve been doing this for years so I have hundreds of postcards.

I’m really looking forward to going to my next trip. I’m travelling to Italy, in particular to Rome and Florence with one of my best friends for a week. I planned this trip last month and I think it didn’t cost much money because I booked everything in advance:  the accommodation, the flights and the train tickets. Now, we have to plan the visits to the museums and churches but we have a lot of time to do it until August.

Anyway, that’s all I have to say about this topic. I hope I wasn’t too boring and thank you very much for listening to me

2 comments:

  1. Thank for this article, this information helped me consider a few more things, keep up the good work,best wish! Luxury condos for rent Miami

    ReplyDelete