Tuesday 2 June 2015

MONOLOGUE: APPEARANCE



Good morning, my name is Maru and I’m going to talk about appearance. In my opinion this is a difficult topic but I’ll try to explain some ideas in three minutes.

First of all, I’ll talk about the importance of appearance. Everybody knows that the first impression really counts because it’s what you see when you don’t know a person. However, we don’t have to judge a book for its cover, what in other words means; we have to give the opportunity to get to know other aspects apart from the physical ones.

On the other hand, if you are applying for a job that requires dealing with people face to face or you are going to a model casting, I think having a good appearance will be the first priority in order to get the job.

Secondly, I want to talk about people’s obsession with looking good. I believe that nowadays people care about their appearance more than they used to in the past. We live in a material world where having a perfect body or looking younger is more important than being a good person. The reason why this is happening is because the influence of the mass media, advertisement and fashion. In addition, this problem gets worse when are the young people who are really worried about their body because in some cases, this obsession can turn into some illnesses like anorexia or bulimia.

Finally I’ll give my opinion on plastic surgery. For the moment I’ve never needed a plastic surgery. I’m really afraid of hospitals and operating theatres so if it wasn’t absolutely necessary for my heath, I would never go there. I don’t like being judging so I don’t judge people who decide to have a plastic surgery to look better. I think they are free to do with their body and money whatever they want.

Anyway, that’s all I have to say about this topic. I hope I was clear and thank you very much for listening to me.

3 comments:

  1. Muy bien. El jueves tengo que hablar de este tema. Me va a ser muy útil. Muchas gracias =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your collaboration

    ReplyDelete