Tuesday 2 June 2015

MONOLOGUE: HOUSING



Hello my name is Maru and I’m going to talk about housing. I think this is a good opportunity to talk about the place where I live and my dream house so I’ll try to give some of my ideas in three minutes.
I’ll start talking about my house. I live in a small cosy flat near to the Valencia football stadium. It has one double bedroom and a well equipped small kitchen. The dining-living room has a lot of natural light and is ideal for having meals with friends. It is not exactly in the city centre but it is in a good area of Valencia because I have everything I need: shops, supermarkets, cafes, a hospital, public transport and other several things. Apart from that, the most important thing for me is I’m quite near to my job and I can go to work by foot every day.

I’ve been living there with my boyfriend and my dog for two years. Currently, I’m renting the house because we can’t afford to buy a flat. Fortunately is not very expensive so we can live on quite well and also save some money every month.

The next point I’d like to talk about is my dream house. If I had to choose living in the countryside or in the city, I would choose the countryside. I know living in the city has some advantages but I prefer the quietness and the fresh air of the countryside. If I won the lottery, I would buy an enormous house with at least 6 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. My dream house would have a huge garden where I will be able to grow my own vegetables and where my dogs and children run and play every day.

Moreover, I would buy another house next to me for my parents because I know they also like the idea of living in the countryside and because I will need somebody who takes care of my dogs and children.

Anyway, I know dreaming is free but who knows, maybe someday I will win the lottery and I will be able to live in my dream house. Thank you very much for listening to me and have a nice day.

2 comments:

  1. I can agree with you about the benefits of living in the countryside versus living in the city. Of course the city does offer certain benefits, such as convenient and luxury, but the countryside is really the perfect place for a dream home. It would be even better if you could have your family living right next door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a mistake, in my opinion.
      I agree, ( not I can agree)

      Delete