Tuesday 2 June 2015

MONOLOGUE: CINEMA



Good morning, my name is Maru and I’m going to talk about cinema. I think this is a fantastic topic for me because I really love going to the cinema. I’ll focus my speech in three points: the advantages and disadvantages and my preferences.

I usually watch films at the cinema because it has a huge screen and a Dolby sound which is very important if there are special effects like in sci-fiction films. It seems like if you were inside the movie and that is the main advantage that the cinema has. You can also have a great time eating pop-corn and enjoying the movie with friends. Furthermore is a good opportunity to train your ear when you are learning a language if you watch films in original version.

On the other hand, there are also some disadvantages. Nowadays the price of the ticket in Spain is too expensive although we have the spectator’s day. In this special day, usually Wednesday, the tickets have a considerably discount. However, I don’t usually go on Wednesday to the cinema because it is a working day and I don’t have free time. If the spectator’s day were at the weekends, I wouldn’t miss any good movie.

Talking about my preferences, I really like several kinds of movie such as rom-com, sci-fi and horror films. The last movie I watched was The Avengers: age of ultron. It is the second part of the movie based on the Marvel comic. The special effects of this movie were amazing and it has action from the first minute. I really recommend watching it if you are fond of Marvel comics like me.

Well, that’s all I have to say about this topic. I hope I wasn’t too boring and thank you very much for listening to me.

2 comments: