Tuesday 2 June 2015

MONOLOGUE: TELEVISION


Good morning, my name is Maru and I’m going to talk about television. I think this is an interesting topic because nowadays the television plays an important role in our everyday lives. I’ll focus my monologue on three ideas: the advantages and disadvantages of watching television, the different programs that we can watch and my personal opinion.

One advantage of watching TV is that it is an excellent way of entertainment and relaxing. We can watch an hour of television before bed, after work or on a lazy weekend afternoon. We have a wide variety of channels to choose so it is impossible to be bored and find nothing to watch.

Another advantage is that it can be educational. We can watch documentaries and serials about several things. Even when we are watching movies, we can lean things like for examples languages.

However there are some disadvantages like for example that people spend too much time in front of television instead of doing other productive things. Moreover violence is really common on TV at present so we must be careful about what children watch to avoid that they copy this bad behavior.

Regarding to the programming, I believe that there are too much content that it is not interesting to watch. In other words what I mean is gossip programs and realities shows are rubbish and they must be ban on the TV. If I were the government, I would reduce considerably the hours of these programs.

Fortunately, there are other kinds of programs like debates, documentaries, series and movies that are much better for entertain us and even to have a critical thinking.

In my personal opinion, I can say that I’m not very keen on watching the TV. I mean, I sometimes watch the news and some movies but I prefer to spend my free time reading, cooking or practicing some sports. When you watch TV the time flies and I think you’re wasting your precious time.

Anyway, that’s all I have to say about this topic. I hope I wasn’t too boring and thank you very much for listening to me.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much!! Your blog is very usefull!! :)

    ReplyDelete