Tuesday 2 June 2015

MONOLOGUE: EDUCATION



Good morning, my name is Maru and I’m going to talk about education. In my opinion, this is an important topic because a good education is related to an economic and social prosperity. I’ll focus my monologue on talking about my personal experience and the Spanish education system.

First of all, I’d like to start speaking about my personal experience as a student. I went to a religious school until 7th grade. It was a bad experience for me because I had to go to church every day and I really hated the awful grey uniform that I had to wear. Fortunately, in secondary school, I went to a public secular school where I could go wearing whatever I want.

Furthermore, I remember, although it was such a long time ago, I was a diligent student and I adored doing the homework. I’ve never cheated in an exam; in fact, classmates have always copied from my exams. My favorite subjects were biology and chemistry and I’ve always got excellent marks in these exams. I strongly hated History because I found it extremely boring. I remember that once I fell asleep in a History class and everybody was laughing at me.   

The second point I’d like to talk about is the Spanish education system. We have a serious problem with school dropouts in our country and the government doesn’t take the proper measures to improve this situation. Actually in the last years, the public education has been deteriorating because of the government cutbacks. Nowadays, the public education system has fewer teachers and more students per classroom, which is a difficult situation if somebody has learning problems and needs a personalized attention.

The private education doesn’t have this kind of problems but unfortunately not everybody can afford it. The government has been subsidizing the private education instead of investing in the public one. Obviously, this measure is insufficient to improve the education system because in my opinion the education must be always free and available for everybody.

Well, that’s all I have to say about this topic. Thank you for listening to me and have a nice day.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the best blog.it was very useful for me.keep sharing such ideas in the future as well.this was actually what i was looking for,and i am glad to came here!
    magento development company in bangalore 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chock-full of tips on style, business writing, and effective e-mailing, Grammar Girl's print debut deserves a spot on every communicator's desk. Career Training Resources

    ReplyDelete